Thursday, February 26, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron -- Hulk character poster

Time to take a look at the Green Goliath's Avengers: Age of Ultron poster:



I'd always hoped for a poster of the Hulk's armpit to hang on my wall. Maybe if we're lucky the next one will be the back of Nick Fury's left ear.

I hate the fact that CGI creations like this are the accepted standard in movies now. I remember being surprised at how unimpressive the Hulk looked in the first Avengers, but apparently I shouldn't expect anything more. I know this is just a poster, but I doubt the movie will look any better.

Being that practically half the image is the Hulk's furry pectoral alone, there's not much to discuss here, so let's get straight to

The Matching Game

On the plus side, none of the robots on this poster match each other. We do still have one matching the previous two posters though:



The robot above the Hulk's shoulder is a flipped version of the robot we've seen twice before.

Not too bad with this poster then, right? Not so fast. Take a look at this:



The Hulk himself is the same one from before. At first I thought, "At least they toned down the phantom backlighting on the bottom of his arm." Then I noticed the light hitting his side, which looks like it should be blocked by either his arm or his latissimus dorsi, the muscle stretching from beneath his arm to behind his back. Somebody got paid to put that unnecessary flourish that just makes the poster look more fake.

As disappointing as these posters have been so far, I'm actually more disappointed that none of them have been bad enough to make me laugh yet. I'm holding out for a Quicksilver one, I think that would do the trick, but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment